1. How do CFR’s services benefit my organization?
Value-Added Benefit at little to no cost. CFR’s Mediation Services are a value-added benefit that can be offered to your employees, members, and their families at little to no cost.
Reduce Employee Stress. CFR Mediation Services reduces stress experienced by those involved in any type of conflict which positively impacts overall health levels, general productivity, and employee engagement. It is only natural that employees or members of your organization experience conflict. These conflicts or disagreements cause stress, which all too often bleed over into other aspects of daily life.
Efficient and Effective dispute resolution. CFR Mediation Services are a means to address the conflict your employees experience in a manner that provides the best lasting solution at minimum cost. CFR Services allow the parties in dispute to guide the outcome, and privately reach a resolution that is cost efficient and effective.
2. Is CFR’s Employee Mediation Benefit different from our existing benefits?
Yes. Our Employee Mediation Benefit is unlike any other benefit available through existing employee assistance or wellness programs.
In fact, CFR’s Employee Mediation Benefit is not designed to replace your existing benefits or programs, but are an added benefit to any and all existing benefits you may offer. CFR assists employees move forward – living and working in as conflict-free environment as possible.
3. Are mediation services different than legal services?
Yes. Mediation services are different than legal services.
Unlike legal services, mediation approaches a conflict from a neutral position where all parties have full participation and an equal standing. In mediation resolution builds on areas of agreement meaning that intervention is quick, targeted, and realistic.
Although giving your employees and members access to legal services is important; providing access to mediation services through CFR’s Employee Mediation Benefits goes even further helping your employees resolve specific interpersonal disputes and life issues (such as divorce) without incurring the additional stress and cost of litigation.
4. How do CFR services work with existing EAP and wellness benefits?
- CFR Mediation Services are a natural complement to your existing benefits. Often the need for mediation services will be noted as employees and members access their existing benefits.
- Covered persons can be referred to CFR through existing benefit providers, including employee assistance providers or lawyers. In addition, CFR Mediators may refer those participating in mediation services to other supportive services that may already be provided through your organization.
- CFR Mediation Services do not replace, but instead enhance your already existing benefit offerings.
5. How do individuals access their CFR mediation benefits?
- CFR benefits can be accessed directly through our intake hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The initial intake gathers relevant information about the case and refers it to a CFR Mediation Coordinator. CFR Mediation Coordinators provide all administrative aspects of the case and assign the case to the best CFR Certified Mediator.
- CFR Mediation Coordinators are available throughout the case to facilitate the resolution.
6. How do CFR mediators maintain neutrality, if services are sponsored by one person’s employer?
- All administrative aspects of mediation cases are handled by CFR Mediation Coordinators.
- CFR Certified Mediators provide the actual mediation and bill CFR for services provided.
- Regardless of the benefit plan offered and accessed, all cases are administered through through our main office. Mediators do not collect fees from mediation participants nor are they apprised of specific pay arrangements or benefit eligibility.
7. How does CFR promote the Employee Mediation Benefit to employees?
CFR works with each client organization to promote the Employee Mediation Benefit. Promotional activities may include paycheck notices, flyers, emails, newsletters, participation in benefit fairs, web-based videos and educational programs.
8. What coverage limitations are there for the Employee Mediation Benefit?
None. CFR provides dispute resolution services for all types of conflicts and interpersonal issues including business, civil, divorce, family, and workplace issues. Employers can opt to specify particular coverage areas in the development of their employee mediation benefit with CFR.
9. How much will it cost to provide CFR’s Employee Mediation Benefit?
Costs are minimal. They vary per benefit and organizational size. Contact a CFR Representative to find out which plan is best for your organization.