Barbara Manousso, PhD (ABD), MPH is a certified mediator, arbitrator, facilitator, negotiator, and ombudsman with over 2,000 hours of training, teaching, and practice since 1993.
Possessing her masters in public health, and a doctorate in conflict analysis and resolution. In addition, she recently served as the president of the Association of Conflict Resolution (ACR) Houston Chapter, and has trained hundreds of mediators to mediate, arbitrate, and facilitate dispute resolution.
Based in Houston, but working nationally, Ms. Manousso is actively involved with mediating and arbitrating for both civil and federal clients.
A CFR Certified Mediator, she belongs to a variety of professional organizations, such as the Texas Association of Mediators, the New England Chapter of the Association of Conflict Resolution, and other national rosters. Ms. Manousso is a former president of the Houston Chapter of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR). She serves on the editorial board of the ACResolution Magazine.
A particular interest of Ms. Manousso’s is elder care and special needs mediation, she is well versed in community resources and opportunities to help families have quality conversations and make informed decisions. In addition, Ms Manousso is also certified as a Nationally Registered Guardian and Texas Registered Guardian.
Memberships and Appointments
- Appointed to the Association of Conflict Resolution’s ACResolution Publication Editorial Advisory Board.
- Appointed by Governor Rick Perry to the Nursing Facility Administration Advisory Committee.
- Appointed by Congressman Barney Frank to the international anti-tobacco congressional committee.
- 2007 president of the Association of Conflict Resolution – Houston Chapter
- Special Commissioner for County Court #2.
- South Texas College of Law – Evans Center for ADR Board member.
- State Bar of Texas ADR Section
- Labor Employment Relations Association (LERA)
- ACR’s presidential Public and Intense Conflicts Committee for the 2009-10 program year
- Member of Texas Association of Mediators (TAM).
- Full Member in Association of Conflict Resolution (ACR).
- Advisory Committee on Healthcare for ACR
- Section Member of ACR’s Healthcare, Workplace, Consumer, Commercial, and Family.
- Co-chair of Workplace Training for the Association of Conflict Resolution.
- Board member Association of Conflict Resolution – Houston Chapter.
- New England Association for Conflict Resolution.
- League of Women Voters
- Texas Mediator Trainers Roundtable (TMTR)
- Women Professionals in Government Board Member
Barbara Manousso is one of many experienced mediators available through CFR Mediation.