A central tenet of mediation is the neutrality of the process. Further, all parties in the dispute are considered equal – no participant in the process has more weight in the decision making process than the other.
Archive for the ‘Mediators’ Category
We provide mediation services for most any dispute with offices and mediators throughout the US. If you are interested in finding out if CFR can facilitate an efficient and effective resolution to your conflict or dispute contact us.
This means that a mediator cannot take a side or advise either party in the dispute. There is no judge, no arbitrator of right or wrong. The sole purpose of mediation is to allow those in dispute to create a resolution that works for them. (more…)
Choosing to mediate a dispute or conflict is the first step, but who is the the best mediator for a specific case? There are hundreds of alternative dispute resolution providers available, as well as ideas about who is “qualified” to be the negotiator in a particular case.
For those in Atlanta and Grayson, Georgia, attorney mediators are available to resolve all kinds of disputes, including divorce, parenting & child custody issues, family conflicts, wills and probate, business or civil dispute, workplace conflict, and property disputes.
CFR offers a full range of California mediation services mediation services including civil, workplace, and divorce mediation services in Oakland, Santa Ana, Santa Cruz, Dublin, Mill Valley, and the greater Los Angeles area of California.
With numerous highly qualified and experienced mediation professionals located throughout the state the CFR panel of mediators, consists of over 50 offices throughout California.
Our California mediation is provided by our network of experienced mediator throughout the state. Below is the information about just a few of our local mediators:
- A former assistant district attorney in San Francisco, she has over 25 years experience in conflict resolution and maintains an active mediation practice.
- An experienced attorney mediator with who holds a leadership position among southern California mediators. He has over 30 years experience in the conflict resolution field, including real estate, family, and business issues. An entrepreneur and master negotiator, he possesses both legal knowledge and expertise.
- An attorney with over 15 years of experience in securities, antitrust, and consumer litigation. A full-time mediator, she serves as judge pro tem, special master and neutral.
- An educator, with a doctorate in social anthropology, and master’s degree in dispute resolution from Pepperdine University. Active in the Los Angeles conflict resolution service community, she has traveled and lived all over the world and brings a unique perspective into her interactions with disputants.
- A licensed attorney with over 20 years experience in the resolution of contract, business to business, neighbor, association and other related disputes.
- First entering the legal field as a paralegal, this licensed attorney has over 25 years experience. Today her practice is dedicated to bringing a mediated resolution to a variety of disputes including family, business, and workplace conflicts.
- A therapist mediator, certified by the Los Angeles County Bar Association, with over 30 years of experience working with children and families. Her focus is on assisting families create structure their divorce and parenting plans in ways that will work for them.
Additional information about who conducts our California mediation can be found here: local CFR California mediators
For those in the San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Ana, Santa Cruz, Sacramento, San Diego or Los Angeles areas of California, CFR mediation services are available to address all kinds of disputes, including divorce, parenting & custody issues, family conflicts, wills and probate, business or civil dispute, workplace conflict, and property disputes.
Mediation is a great option for those who find themselves in a dispute, conflict, or disagreement that they are not able to resolve on their own. Choosing a mediator is not always as clear cut as one would think, and parties should do their due diligence before settling on a mediator provider. (more…)
When it comes to medical malpractice, litigation is a grossly ineffective approach to resolving the dispute. Litigation, especially in medical malpractice matters, is a long process, often taking many years to reach an end. Beyond its sheer length, medical malpractice litigation is also incredibly expensive. The costs to all parties in their stress and their time alone is high, even without taking into consideration the gigantic fees charged by expert witnesses in these matters. Another problem arises when a medical malpractice case finally reaches the trial phase. Juries are most often collections of laypeople with little or no medical training or background. Usually, they simply do not grasp the medical issue at hand and the expensive experts seldom adequately educate the jury on what they need to know in order to make an informed decision and award. (more…)
CFR Mediation offers a full range of mediation services including civil, workplace, and divorce mediation services in Texas, including Houston, the greater Dallas area, Richardson, McKinney, Plano, Fort Worth, Frisco, San Antonio, and Waco.
Our Texas mediators include some of the most experienced neutrals available, they include:
- With over 30 years experience as a litigator, this attorney has been mediating for over 25 years. One of the first family law attorneys to expand his legal to include mediation. His current practice includes the mediation and arbitration of complex marital cases and business disputes, as well as the practice of law as a collaborative law practitioner in the field of family law.
- A professional mediator who has been practicing mediation for 25 years. She first started as an alternative dispute resolution professional with the U. S. Department of Justice as a Civil Rights mediator in 1985, and currently works as a mediator and trainer of mediators around the country. She has successfully mediated over 1200 cases and has achieved the status of “Credentialed Distinguished Mediator” through the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association.
- An attorney and educator with 20 years experience, she maintains a practice focusing on mediation of all disputes, including all types of family law disputes. She has achieved the status of “Credentialed Distinguished Mediator” through the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association.
- A professional mediator with a Master of Arts in Dispute Resolution. In addition to her work intervening in conflict, she also provides conflict management trainings for Fortune 500 companies, churches and schools. She is available to mediate a variety of conflicts including divorce, family, and business conflicts.
- An attorney with over 40 years experience as a lawyer, who has personally mediated over 1000. In addition to his practice, He is an adjunct college professor, a volunteer mediator, and member of the board of directors at Montgomery County Dispute Resolution Center.
- A professional mediator with a Doctorate in Conflict Analysis and Resolution, who works as an arbitrator, facilitator, negotiator, and ombudsman with over 2,000 hours of training, teaching, and practice. Although mediating a variety of cases, a particular interest of is elder care and special needs mediation. She is well versed in community resources and opportunities to help families have quality conversations and make informed decisions. In addition, she is also certified as a Nationally Registered Guardian and Texas Registered Guardian.
For those in Texas, experienced mediators are available to resolve all kinds of disputes, including divorce, parenting & child custody issues, family conflicts, wills and probate, business or civil disputes, workplace conflicts, and property disputes.
If you would like to learn more about our mediation services in Houston, the greater Dallas area, Richardson, McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Waco, San Antonio, and Fort Worth, Texas or our other locations, please contact us for a no obligation confidential consultation.
CFR Certified Mediators are conflict resolution professionals who meet our quality standards in experience, training, and commitment to the field. These individuals apply to be part of our provider panel and are thoroughly vetted by our staff before being offered an opportunity to be a CFR Certified Mediator.
Our mediators are local professional mediators, in 27 states, who have been chosen to be CFR Certified Mediators due to their commitment to and experience in the field. Our mediators come from a variety of backgrounds including law, behavioral health, real estate, human resources, business, finance and medicine. Regardless of their backgrounds, all of our mediators have demonstrated that they possess excellent mediation skills.
All of our mediators are thoroughly vetted and have successfully met the requirements that CFR has set out to ensure that our mediators meet high quality standards. Each person has been vetted by our mediation provider credentialing committee which includes CFR’s founder, Erin Johnston, MSW, LCSW. In essence no one is accepted to the as a CFR Mediator unless the committee members would choose to hire that mediator to resolve their own conflict.
- Fully Insured Professionals
- Experts in the field
- Average 25 Years Professional Experience
- Local Independent Providers
- Possess Additional Training in Conflict Resolution
Clients who choose CFR, receive mediation services from highly qualified and experienced mediators, without having to research providers on their own. A CFR Mediation Coordinator works with every client to ensure that the best CFR Certified Mediator is assigned to conduct every mediation.
Find out more about some specific mediators in our “CFR Mediator Spotlight” series on our blog where we spotlight a specific CFR Mediator.